About the Ampthill Ward
- Ampthill ward has a similar age profile to Central Bedfordshire and had a similar proportion of people from ethnic minority communities.
- Turnout at the last local elections was higher than the authority average.
- Serious acquisitive crime is lower in Ampthill ward than in Central Bedfordshire as a whole.
- Deprivation is not a particular issue in this ward. Residents were most likely to approach a Citizen's Advice Bureau in relation to benefit, employment and debt issues.
- Unemployment is low in the ward and residents were less likely to be claiming out of work benefits. They were also more likely to have degree-level qualifications.
- People's health is similar to the area average and children were less likely to be obese.
- A higher proportion of children achieved good GCSEs than in Central Bedfordshire.
Download the Ampthill Ward Profile
- Download: Ampthill Ward Profile 2011