Councillor Mark Smith believes in People not Politics
Petty Party Politics has no place in Local
Welcome to my website. I am an Independent Councillor and am privileged to represents the residents of the Ampthill Ward (comprising the communities of Ampthill, Maulden and Clophill) on Central Bedfordshire Council. I have also been an Ampthill Town Councillor since 1997.
Please explore my website and let me have your views, as I aim to represent you to my best of my ability.
- Central Beds Council does not want you to stand as a Councillor at the Election in 2015 if you work! The Tory led council voted overwhelmingly to defeat my motion to have the majority of meetings moved to the early evenings, meaning that anyone in full-time employment thinking of standing for Central Beds Council next May may be put off. Read more on the 'Standing as a councillor' page
Your Views are Important to Me
I believe Politicians do not know best! What are your issues? Let me know. This will enable me to better represent you:
I've created a page where you can report such issues as Highway Matters, Fly-Tipping, Abandoned Vehicles, Dog Fouling, a
Breach of Planning, Changes that affect your Council Tax, Abuse of a
vulnerable adults, Abuse of a Child, a Benefit Fraudster & Anti-Social
Behaviour. You can also find details of reporting issues to the Police, Ampthill Town Council, Clophill Parish Council and Maulden Parish Council. Visit my 'Report It' Page
Needless to say I would be happy to report such issues on your behalf. Email me at email@example.com or ring me on 07896124933
Learn About Me
Discover my proven track record of community service and my fight against severe illness. Find out more via the following pages....
Learn About the Ampthill Ward
Discover details about the Central Bedfordshire Council Ward of Ampthill and the issues facing the communities of Ampthill, Clophill and Maulden. Find out more via the following pages....
- About the Ampthill Ward
- About the issues facing Ampthill
- About the issues facing Clophill
- About the issues facing Maulden
Learn How I Can Help
Discover how in my role as a Central Beds Councillor and Ampthill Town Councillor I can help you. In addition I've compiled details of help you can avail yourself of and sources of funding . Find out more via the following pages....
- How Can I help You - as your Central Beds Councillor & Ampthill Town Councillor
- Help Available for You - I've complied this page as there are many help organisation (mostly in the voluntary sector) that can help you gas you navigate life's many challenges. It's well worth visiting this page to see the plethora of help that is potentially available for you on a local and national level
- Funds available for local residents - I've compiled this page as you may not be aware but there are funds available both locally and nationally can assist you in the areas of particularly social welfare and education. It's worth paying a visit to this page just to see if you are eligible for these funds
- Ward Surgeries - find out where and when the next Councillor Surgeries are taking place as I attend a number these a year, together with fellow Ampthill Town Councillors and Central Beds you can come along and quiz us on local issues and problems
- Council Meetings - find out when the next council meeting are occurring in your community and at Central Beds Council as I can potentially represent your views
Learn How to become empowered
- Empowering You - details the principles of Empowerment, how to set up a petition and how the Localism Act gives communities new rights and powers
- Standing as a Councillor - every 4 years there are elections for Ampthill Town Council, Clophill Parish Council and Central Beds Council. Indeed the next election is on Thursday 7th May 2015. So if you want to influence local decision making why not stand. I've compiled all the information you will need to make an informed decision, plus you can always contact me to find out more.
- Influencing Planning Decisions - this page gives you information about where to find details of proposed developments and how you can make representations for or against a particular development
- How to make a Freedom of Information Request - after you've exhausted all avenues in obtaining information from local bodies you mat consider making a Freedom of Information Request. This page contains details about the process of making such a request
- Campaigning - sometimes local issues arise hat require action. This page gives you details about running a successful campaign
- Communicating your message - this page
details all the means of getting your message heard locally with links to all
the local publications, websites, local social media outlets and local media
Learn about Being Independent & Becoming Independent
Discover why you don't need to belong to a political party and why party politics has no place in local government. Find out more via the following pages....
- Why be Independent?
- The Principles of Being Independent
- Independent Scrutiny
- Independents for Central Bedfordshire
- Independents Day 2015
- Postal Address: 6 Sidney Road, Ampthill, Bedfordshire, MK45 2RJ
- Phone: 0300 300 8541
- Mobile: 07896124933
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org